Festival Volunteer Policy
All volunteers for the Lotus World Music & Arts Festival must understand and sign a copy of this policy at their orientation.
The Lotus World Music & Arts Festival agrees to the following understanding with volunteers:
- Volunteers are essential to the purpose and programming of the Festival.
- Volunteers will receive adequate preparation for their responsibilities, work in an environment where they feel valued and appreciated, and receive respectful treatment.
- In exchange for their time, volunteers will receive one night’s free admission on either Friday or Saturday. Volunteers who give their time on Thursday only will not receive admission to Friday or Saturday.
- Volunteers will also receive a special volunteer t-shirt, a volunteer button, and the grand feeling of being a part of an exciting Bloomington event.
- The service of any volunteer is accepted at the discretion of the organization.
The volunteer agrees to the following understanding with the Lotus World Music & Arts Festival:
- I will complete and submit a Volunteer Application Form.
- I will confirm my volunteer assignment with the Volunteer Coordinator.
- I understand the policies and procedures of the Festival as written here.
- I will attend a short, job-specific orientation on either Thursday, Sept. 13, 2012 or Saturday, Sept. 15, 2012 (see Important Dates), even if I am a returning volunteer. Times and locations of trainings will be available on this web site and via e-mail in late August.
- I will complete my Festival volunteer assignment in a satisfactory way (show up on time for training and shifts, stay the required duration, wear my volunteert-shirt and button while on shift, and treat other volunteers, staff, performers, and festival patrons with respect.)
- I will notify the Volunteer Coordinator immediately if my availability changes from that indicated on my application form or after my assignment has been finalized.
- I will abide by the policies of the Lotus World Music & Arts Festival, including, but not limited to, zero tolerance for use of controlled drugs and alcohol, and for harassment of any kind.
- Casual cell-phone and PDA use by volunteers is prohibited.
- No family members should accompany you to your shift if they have not also been assigned as volunteers.
- I agree that the Festival may decide to terminate my relationship with the Festival at any time.
NOTE: Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age.