Festival Volunteer Policy
All volunteers for the Lotus World Music & Arts Festival must understand and sign a copy of this policy at their orientation.
The Lotus World Music & Arts Festival agrees to the following understanding with volunteers:
- Volunteers are essential to the purpose and programming of the Festival.
- Volunteers will receive adequate preparation for their responsibilities, work in an environment where they feel valued and appreciated, and receive respectful treatment.
- In exchange for their time, volunteers will receive one night’s free admission on either Friday or Saturday. Volunteers who give their time on Thursday only will not receive admission to Friday or Saturday.
- Volunteers will also receive a special volunteer t-shirt, a volunteer button, and the grand feeling of being a part of an exciting Bloomington event.
- The service of any volunteer is accepted at the discretion of the organization.
The volunteer agrees to the following understanding with the Lotus World Music & Arts Festival:
- I will complete and submit a Volunteer Application Form.
- I understand the policies and procedures of the Festival as written here.
- I will attend a short, job-specific orientation on either Wednesday, September 16 or Saturday, September 19 (see Important Dates), even if I am a returning volunteer. Times and locations of trainings will be available on this web site and via e-mail in late August.
- I will complete my Festival volunteer assignment in a satisfactory way (show up on time for training and shifts, stay the required duration, wear my volunteert-shirt and button while on shift, and treat other volunteers, staff, performers, and festival patrons with respect).
- I will notify the Volunteer Coordinator if my availability changes after I have already accepted my Shift Offer.
- I will abide by the policies of the Lotus World Music & Arts Festival, including, but not limited to, zero tolerance for use of controlled drugs and alcohol, and for harassment of any kind, while working my Shift. I agree that the Festival may decide to terminate my relationship with the Festival at any time.
NOTE:Volunteers for most positions need to be 18 years of age or older. For our limited number of positions for volunteers aged 16-17, please see the application process in our Volunteer FAQ section.